Thursday, August 23, 2007

Books That Inspire Me

I love to read. It probably started while my mom was pregant with me. She was a reading teacher and I'm certain that she read to me during those 9 months. Once I was born, my parents read to me so much that one night when I was two, my dad saw me in my bed reading Twas The Night Before Christmas (my favorite book). I was reading the words out loud and turning the pages appropriately. All excited, he ran to tell my mom what a genius I was. For a few minutes, they actually believed they had a prodigy on their hands and then they took the book away from me and I kept reading! At that point, they realized that I wasn't reading, I had memorized the book because they had read it to me so often! Ok, so maybe I wasn't a toddler genius, but I really did start kindegarten already knowing how to read.

To this day, reading is one of my favorite pastimes. I would rather read than do almost anything else. Really. I read everything from the back of cereal boxes to the manual that came with my cell phone. I prefer to read non-fiction over fiction, but read fiction to escape, especially while I'm on vacation.

There are books I love because they are great books and then there are books I love because they inspire me to be better. These books have each given me an "ah-ha moment" at some point, and many more than once.

What books inspire you? Let's start a discussion in the Comments section.

In no particular order, these are some of the books you'd find on my bedside table.


by Og Mandino

Happier
by Tal Ben-Shahar

Think & Grow Rich
by Pat & Ruth Williams

The Power of Focus
by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hanson, & Les Hewitt

More Than A Pink Cadillac
by Jim Underwood

The Bible

The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne

Permission to Succeed
by Noah St. John

Chicken Soup for the Women's Soul
by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Jennifer Read Hawthorne, & Marci Shimoff

I Can Do It
by Gillian Hennessy-Ortega

Oh, The Places You'll Go!
by Trina Paulus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.