Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Quotes That Inspire Me

There are many things in this world that inspire me, but sometimes all it takes is for me to read one of the quotes below and I am instantly reminded to keep beating my best. This list continues to evolve and as I find more inspiration, I'll add to it.

What inspires you? I'd love it if you posted your favorite inspirational quotes in the comments section.


"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Hebrews 11. 1, The Bible, King James Version

"Do or do not. There is no try."
Yoda

"There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), Physicist & Nobel Laureate

"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

"No woman is required to build the world by destroying herself."
Rabbi Sofer (1762-1839)

"I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot... and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution."
Dr. David Schwartz, author of The Magic of Thinking Big

"That is what greatness means: to keep going...to never let anyone stop you from what you love doing...even when the most impossible odds stand in your way. I believe there is greatness in all of us. And especially in the smallest of us. Every single story I write is about that. Every story . . . is about fighting the fight for what you love (whether it's your wife, your universe, your family, yourself, or your team). And the best fights are the ones where you're fighting for who you are. The odds never matter. What matters is who we are underneath. What matters is that we're true to what we love. And what matters is never ever ever changing to be anything but who you are."

"Brevity is the soul of lingerie."
Dorothy Parker

"Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage."
Anais Nin

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar."
Helen Keller

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature . . . Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable."
Helen Keller

"I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed."
Robert H. Schuller

"If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been."
Robert H. Schuller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.