Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Iris of 2009!

I've been watching the perennials in my garden for a few weeks now, wondering which plant would bloom first. Each morning, I rush to the living room sliding glass door to see if any of the buds have popped. Finally today, my patience was rewarded with this beautiful light purple, white and yellow iris! There are many iris buds that I expect will bloom in the next few days, but this is the first. I love my garden! The best part? I got all of these iris plants for FREE through Freecycle two years ago!


If you look closely, you'll see two more buds that are almost ready to bloom.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Jessica!!! And don't you just love Freecycle???? I am hoping for an accordian........no luck so far, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.