Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Ain't Settlin'

Yesterday morning I was driving to work and having a very serious come to Jesus talk with myself. Yes, it was just me in the car and yes, I was talking out loud to myself. Why do you ask? Anyway, there I was in the car having this serious talk with myself about the state of state of my life (I turn 40 exactly 3 months from today) with the radio on low in the background when out of nowhere I hear the familiar sounds of Jennifer Nettles and Sugarland singing one of my favorite songs. I took it as a sign from the Universe (and we all know how I believe in signs from the Universe).

I listened to the words, possibly closer than I've ever listened before and realized I was listening to the theme song for the last three months of my 30s (it hurts just typing those words).

That's right Settlin' by Sugarland is defining the next three months for me. I'm raising the bar higher than ever before. I'm joining a gym this week and will lose the 25 pounds I've committed to losing before my birthday. For those of you keeping score, that will put the total weight loss between my 39th and 40th birthday at almost 60 pounds (Okay, it's not the 100 pounds I put on my Bucket List, but it's 60 pounds closer than I was). No if's, and's or but's about it. I've got some other big goal and dreams, but at the moment, that's all I'm willing to discus publicly.

If you're not familiar with Settlin', click on the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.