Thursday, August 2, 2012

Finding My Greatness

I have always admired Nike's ability to create inspirational, simple and creative advertising.

Just Do It. The Swoosh logo.

Time and time again, they get it right.

But there's always one nagging thing I don't like about Nike (or other athletic company) advertising. They always use super skinny people who make it all look super easy. Show me someone who's struggling to get through her workout, but does it anyway even when she'd rather be anywhere else, and I'll feel like Nike gets me.

And finally Nike does. The result is Finding Your Greatness.

Watching this ad today made me want to buy new Nike's, which I need anyway, and get my butt back to the gym. Watching this ad reminded me that it's not about looking Brandi Chastain ripping off her shirt after that awesome soccer victory in 1999. It's not about how slow I swim or that I walk faster (and further) than I run.

It's about just doing it. It's about finding my greatness in just getting out there.

Watch the ad. You'll agree.



As always, if you read LMS via email, jump over to the blog and watch the video. I'm sorry the emails exclude the videos, but I don't know how to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.