Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Was Today The Day The Music Really Died?

Thirty years ago today, John Lennon was shot and killed. I was 9 and don't think I even knew the name John Lennon. I knew Elvis and remember where I was when he died because my parents listened to Elvis, but I don't recall them listening to the Beatles.

So I can't tell you that I grew up loving the Beatles because I didn't. In fact, it's just been the last few years I have come to appreciate their music and the full impact they had on the world.

In honor of John Lennon's death, I give you my two favorite songs by John Lennon and the Beatles (there's one of each before someone emails and says "The group isn't 'John Lennon and the Beatles! It's just The Beatles.'")

If you read LMS via email, I encourage you to visit the blog and watch the videos. One of you especially. Watch the video. You'll know why. If you don't, you can call me and I'll tell you.

First, the breaking news story about John Lennon's murder by Mark David Chapman.


Imagine by John Lennon


Let it Be by The Beatles


Because I love each of my 23 readers (yes, readership has grown from 12!), I'm giving you a bonus video. Okay, so the truth is that I didn't realize this that this song that I really like was by John Lennon until my friend Des posted it on Facebook. My bad. But still, I do love my readers. So go with that reason. Really. And on a political note, maybe one day soon, all wars will truly be over. To quote John Lennon, "make love not war."

Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.