Sunday, June 19, 2011

Birthapaolooza Finale: The Birthday Hat

About a year ago, Tony brought Michael into our group of friends and Michael has not only given Tony immense happiness and love, but he also immediately fit right into our gang of neerdowells and we often ask ourselves where he's been our entire lives. In short, we love Michael.

One of the great things Michael has brought to us is the Birthday Hat. Michael is one of the most creative people I've ever known. If his gig as a social worker and counselor don't work out, he could make a killing as a hat designer. Those hats and fascinators at Kate Middleton's wedding are boring and understated in comparison to Michael's designs.

So far, we've celebrated 3 birthdays: Tony's, Christopher's and mine. Each of us received our own one-of-a-kind Birthday Hat that we wore with pride all evening long. Chris and I joined the 40 and Fabulous club this year and, as you'll see, we celebrated in style.

Let's take a look at the evolution of the hats:

Tony received the first hat in November. This expression is priceless. Somewhere there's a picture of me wearing Tony's hat with great amounts of Hat Envy.

Chris joined the 40 and Fabulous Club in April. Think his Birthday Hat is something? You should see the hat box. That was a work of art as well!

Me wearing Chris's Hat counting down the days til I'd have my own Birthday Hat.

Finally, I joined the 40 and Fabulous Club this week and was presented with my Birthday Hat on Saturday night. Unfortunately, you can't see the the black boa necklace that keeps it securely on my head because I'm also wearing a black shirt. I'm holding the Birthday Barbie that Wini gave me. Believe it or not, it's my first Barbie. Ever. Oh, and yes, my hat really is about 2 feet tall.

Birthapalooza is now in the history books and was truly memorable. I've got the greatest friends in the world and am blessed to have them in my life. Between the pre-celebration work event at the Mayne Stage on Wednesday with Bobcat Goldthwait, Thursday night's dinner and chocolate cake at the beach (my actual birthday), Ravinia on Friday, and my "surprise" birthday party last night, I'm exhausted. This old broad needs a nap. Someone wake me on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.