This morning I woke up to Betsey's loud purring right next to my face in the exact spot where she fell asleep last night. Ross was snuggled up next to her. It was quite the sight, but it made it challenging to get out of bed. I was comfy and warm. They were comfy and warm. All was good.
Today I'm grateful for:
1. No snow in Chicago. Seriously. We've had something like 1.5 inches of snow so far this winter. I love it because it makes driving easy, but I suppose there are people who are not so excited about this.
2. Being able to have Mom in Florida to finish taking care of Nana's house. I swear I'm going to tell you this story soon. It's even almost funny. Of course, two weeks ago, it wasn't so funny.
3. Dave's generous spirit. Have I mentioned how incredible my brother is? I have? Oh, well, then his decision to run an Ultra Marathon in Palestine next month to support free trade olive farmers is just one more bit of proof. I'll be writing more about this in the next day or two.
4. The great friend I spent a very fun and relaxed day with yesterday. A great day. Thank you.
5. It's Caucus Night in Iowa! You know how much I love politics. I can't wait to get home from work tonight, toss on some sweats, pop some popcorn, and settle in for all the analysis. In honor of the official kick-off to the 2012 Presidential Election, I'm wearing my Presidents of the United States scarf today. A friend of mine once said that politics was my porn. I'm not going to deny that. And you're not surprised. You can buy your own scarf to have for upcoming elections here. You know you want one.
I bought my scarf in 1996 when I lived in Washington DC, so it only includes Presidents up to Bill Clinton. I would love an updated scarf that included President Obama.