Monday, April 14, 2008

What Should I Do With My Tax Refund?

Jessica, I have good news. You're getting a tax refund. Wahoo! I'm getting a tax refund!!!!! Yeah!!!!! Um, Jessica, I don't know how to break this to you, but it's not a very big refund. It's not? Well, getting money back is always better than paying. I mean, even $100 would be awesome. Well, it's not exactly $100. It's a little lower. It's actually $2. $2????!!! Are you kidding me? Is this some kind of haha funny CPA joke? Don't you mean $20? No. I mean $2. Don't spend it all in one place.

That's pretty much verbatim the conversation my accountant and I had this afternoon. I'm getting $2 back and she wants me to not spend it all in one place. What the heck can I do with $2 these days???

Here are the ideas I've had so far, but I'm tossing it out there to everyone. Please give me some suggestions in the comments section. You have until the IRS actually deposits the $2 in my checking account. My favorite idea will win a mention in my blog. I'd buy you a prize and mail it, but really what can you get for less than $2 plus postage?

With $2 I can:

1. Purchase 0.55 of 1 gallon of gas at $3.599 per gallon.
2. Buy 8 25 cent gumballs.
3. Mail 4 1 oz. letters ($1.64) and 1 postcard ($0.26) and have 10 cents leftover.
4. Feed my addiction to Diet Coke with 2 2-liters of Diet Coke at Valli's (through 4/15). Wait, I won't have enough money for tax.
5. Go on a shopping spree at the Dollar Tree. It looks like they've got some great luau party supplies.
6. Pay 2 tolls in cash (twice the price of using my iPass) going into the city and back (80 cents each way) and have some change. Of course, that doesn't include gas or parking once I'm in the city.
7. Well, I was hoping I could get a small dipped ice cream cone at Dairy Queen, but even without tax, my $2 isn't enough.

I'm fresh out of ideas. Please let me know what you think I should do with my $2.

2 comments:

  1. 1/16th of a bra from Lane Bryant?
    2 cans of Rosarita refried beans.
    mail just over four bills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm . . . I like the idea of a new bra, but what 1/16th of my breasts should get supported?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.