Monday, June 2, 2008

Long Awaited Answers

I know you've been eagerly awaiting the correct answers to last week's meme about me. And finally, you can sleep in peace knowing you know all there is to know about me (hahaha - if only I was really this simple!).

While it appears that only Gourmet Goddess took interest in this meme and actually had the courage to answer on my blog, a few of you emailed me and you know who you are.

1. Where did we meet?
Yeah! Everyone got this correct.

2. Take a stab at my middle name.
No one even tried this and I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to your creativity. It's Lynn. Jessica Lynn Gardner. For those of you who don't know, I was named for my maternal grandfather, Jesse Paulk, who died suddenly on my mom's 13th birthday, and my mom's college roommate, Lynn Ming. UPDATE: I was wrong. One person attempted my middle name and did get it right. I apologize for my mistake.

3. Do I smoke?
The short answer is no. Although I've been known to grab a cigarette (but never pot) in a bar and did so far more in college and through my 20s, than I have in my 30s. I don't think I've done it in 3 or 4 years, partly do to the smoking bans, but more because I always hated it anyway. It was just something to do. Ya, I know. That's a dumb reason.

4. What color are my eyes?
When I was younger, my eyes were bright blue. I've aged (and I'm dealing with that) and my eyes now are more of a blue-green hazel, depending on what I'm wearing.

5. Do I have any siblings.
Seriously, if anyone had gotten this wrong, you'd need to go back to the beginning. I have a brother. Dave. He's the greatest. We are 3 years and 3 1/2 months apart, but I'm older. He's one of my best friends.

6. What is one of my favorite things to do?
The list is long: Garden (this frankly surprises me), follow and debate politics, write, listen to music, read, cook. I could go on. Everyone guessed one of these. Really, I write about all of this stuff, so how could you have gone wrong here?

7. What is my favorite kind of music?
Hint: Read the "About Me" section of my blog. Don't feel bad, no one got this correct. It's country. I also listen to lots of other things, which is why this may have been tough. Here's a list of music that speaks to my soul.

8. Am I shy or outgoing?
Truly this is complicated. The part of me you know best is the outgoing part. It's the part that allows me to work in sales. It's the part that allows me to get heavily involved in my community, my alumni association, and politics. But at the end of the day, I need quiet and alone time. When I hit overwhelm, I have to go be alone. It's why I live for my time at Watervale.

I always thought I was extroverted because I don't have any challenges speaking in public and usually can talk to anyone. But in a work program I was involved in probably 15 years ago, I learned that being introverted vs. extroverted has really more to do with where you get your energy or get renewed, rather than shy vs. outgoing. According to the speaker we had, extroverts get more energy and more renewed from others, while introverts go inward. I go inward. I am always exhausted after I've had to be "on" for too long.

9. Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules?
Truthfully, I've never been great at following the rules, especially if I think they're stupid. I don't kiss ass for the sake of it or to move ahead, which has sometimes been detrimental. That said, I do think rules like speed limits are important.

10. Do I have any special talents?
Yep. I do. ;)

11. How many children do I have?
Just two cat children, much to the chagrin of my parents. I think they'd like some grandkids and neither Dave nor I have given them any.

12. If you and I were stranded on a desert island, what's the one thing I'd bring?
No one is going to like this, but I'd bring my iPod so I could have some alone time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.