Thursday, June 5, 2008

Obama! Obama! Obama!

Yes we did!

As I think everyone knows by now, Senator Barack Obama IS the presumptive Democratic candidate for President. Yes, I know that this actually happened 48 hours ago, but I couldn't write about it then. You see, then I was pissed and I'm not nearly as diplomatic or good with my poker face as Obama obviously is. We won't go into why I was pissed, except to say that it had something to do with a certain candidate not dropping out of the race on Tuesday (note to HRC: when you don't have enough delegates and the other guy left the finish line in the dust, there's nothing to "decide") and her lack of graciousness.

But in the light of morning - 2 days later - I'm able to rise above it and just be thrilled about this historic nomination. Tonight, we will celebrate my favorite things about this . . .

Barack's speech . . .


Cats for Obama . . . scroll down about 1/4 . . do you recognize any 2 cats? Yes! Betsey and Ross are famous! Clearly their endorsements made the difference for Obama. Now if only they can get me into the convention (they're dele-cats, you know) . . .

The Anderson Cooper "I wanna be your boo" moment (note to AC: You can be my boo!) . . .


Barack & Michelle Obama's "first bump" . . . How cute is that?


There were many many favorite moments on Tuesday night and I'm sure there will be many more between now and January 20, 2009.

YES WE CAN!

2 comments:

  1. Well, as a person who voted for HRC, I have very complicated feelings about her campaign and was discouraged by several major problems, but I do support her right to fight until the very end.

    I am not someone who will vote for McCain, and I hope to Ceiling Cat that Dems who are saying that are just disappointed and in a heat and will come around and get over it. If McCain becomes president, I am definitely moving out of the country.

    However, while I will vote for him, I am not at this point in time all that enthusiastic about Obama. I think he usually talks a good game, but show me, don't tell me. I remain open-minded, however, and hope to become enthusiastic. I dearly hope he continues to distance himself from some of these obnoxious religious folks who seem to have forgotten their social justice roots. That he never calls a female reporter a diminutive ever again. I don't want to hear another word of praise for Reagan as a great president.

    And I wish he could find some way to get the word out to some of his obnoxious followers, of which I do not consider you to be one, that the way to win people over to your candidate is not to act like a jackass. Which, of course, is likely impossible to do, much is the pity.

    And all those young people who were excited and voting in the primaries. You had better get your asses to the voting booth come November. Because if you do what you have in previous elections, and disappear over the summer, I am going to track each and every one of you down and yank out your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Gourmet Goddess about Barack's obnoxious supporters (which, I thank you for pointing out I am not one of) and that would include crazy preachers. I also agree with you about the mobilized young voters. I sincerely hope that this is the beginning young people understanding that this IS all about them. When our country goes into debt for a war based on lies, it's not the current AARP crowd who's gonna be paying for it. It's the kids of today's 18-30 year olds.

    As for Hillary, I have very mixed feelings about how this is all wrapping up. I understand why people were passionate about her, but I don't understand quite a few things. And I've really had to bite my tongue to keep myself from bashing her.

    I've been thinking about writing something about her, but want to wait to do so until after she officially drops out of the race (or suspends her campaign), which will be tomorrow. Look for it by Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.