Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For Lee DeWyze, It's Truly A Beautiful Day

I have to admit, I am not an American Idol fan. I have not watched it ever. Well, until a couple of weeks ago, when I went over to the dark side and turned it on. Why? Because of Lee DeWyze, the 24-year old from Mt. Prospect (he attended Forest View in Arlington Heights, so he's got ties here too). Ya, I'm embarrassed, but that's another issue.

So he won. And I'm pretty excited.



Tonight's AI (see, how cool I am now???) featured old folks music (aka 80s music) including Poison (and Bret Michaels!), Chicago, Joe Cocker, and Janet Jackson, who sang her hit Nasty Boys, complete with leather-clad half-naked men (in leather chokers!) and as a 38-year-old woman, I have a whole new appreciation for her hit.

Here's Bret Michaels and Poison . . .


Here's Janet Jackson, well, Miss Jackson to a certain segment of my readership (you know who you are). Watch the whole video.


Lee's single is going to be a cover of the fantastic U2 song Beautiful Day, which you can watch below. As everyone knows, a man with a guitar who can sing makes my knees weak.



Popeater has the whole song here.

Actually, it was a big day for Arlington Heights and Mt. Prospect. Jonathan Spector (who attended St. Viator) was also named to the U.S. World Cup team today.

So congratulations Lee and Jonathan! Way to put Arlington Heights and Mt. Prospect on the map!

Here's one more Lee DeWyze song. Hallelujah from his Top 3 performance. One of my all-time favorite songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.