Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Horoscopes

This is my absolute favorite birthday picture ever. Love that my pj's match the wall paper and birthday cake, the grin on my face, and that it's obvious I'm gonna be bossy and sassy in just a few years. I'm 4 in this pic.

One of my silly birthday obsessions is that I read every possible "If today is your birthday" horoscope on my birthday so I can get a feel for what the year is going to bring. Of course, they're almost never accurate, but it's my thing.

Don't judge. You have your things and I don't judge. Plus, it's my birthday and I'm invoking the "it's my birthday, so you can't give me any grief" rule. Yes, it exists. In my head.

So let's start with Holiday Mathis of philstar.com.
TODAY’S BIRTHDAY (June 16). It is your year to let go of past limitations and soar. This begins with a cycle of playfulness and leisure. Get in touch with your soul’s wants through July. You are motivated by passion through August and will accomplish important personal work. Others on the same wavelength contribute to your project in November. Gemini and Cancer people adore you. Your lucky numbers are: 20, 4, 39, 25 and 40.
This is interesting because I've been feeling very playful and fun lately. In fact, I was just saying that to my friend Tony. I'm concerned though by the statement that "Gemini and Cancer people adore you." Why don't ALL people adore me???

Moving onto Georgia Nichols. She probably has something useful for me.
If today is your birthday . . . Actor John Cho (1972) shares your birthday today. It's important for you to succeed because you have goals you intend to achieve. You're patient about working and building toward those goals. You plan ahead, and you make your choices carefully and wisely. (This includes how you choose to include people in your life or not.) Your timing generally pays off. In this year ahead, you will learn something very valuable.
Okay, wait, this is the best she can do? She can see into my future and all she knows is that I'll learn something valuable? She can't get any more specific than that? Ugh. She is right about that planning ahead thing. I mean, who do you know that likes a plan more than I do? No one. Maybe what I'll learn this year is how to be spontaneous. THAT would be valuable.

Let's take a look at my Love and Sex Horoscope.
If your birthday is on June 16th your sun sign is Gemini. Dear Gemini, you've got a love style that's timeless. In other words, you always make time for love and sex! You have a variety of interests and tend to subscribe to the motto "Variety is the spice of life".

This is especially true in your love and sex life. You tend to get bored easily and if your lover can't hold your attention in the bedroom and in your mind then you'll be looking in a new direction in no time.
I can't possibly comment on that. My mom reads this blog. Next.

I love the Washington Post. Maybe they've got some good predictions.
For Wednesday, June 16 -On today's agenda, you need to add mending fences, loving your neighbor and all the rest of that caring, sharing business. Think of yourself as a karmic diplomat, spreading good energy and love among the rest of the world. You don't have to lay it on with a trowel or break your back to spread the love -- just let your soul shine through in everything you do right now. You're an ambassador of goodwill without even trying!
Well, that's chipper. Really. I can handle that. Although I'm not really sure how "mending fences" works with "letting go of past limitations" (which I read as "let go of the PAST you're hanging onto"). I'm not sure I want to go revisit some of that. I'm going to have to think on that. Actually, maybe this is the best time to mend a fence. I have a phone call to make.

What about my hometown paper the Chicago Tribune? What does it have to say about my future?
Today's birthday (6/16/10). You gain crystal clarity this year about how you approach your work. Immerse yourself in the details of any educational process. Start from the ground up, and you feel fortunate because you become a teacher as well as student. A little danger offers greater power.
So this year is all about work. Well, that's good, frankly. But all work and no play makes me kinda dull. I'm going to keep looking.

I think Sydney Omarr is fairly respected in the world of astrology. Well, I've seen his name before. I bet he's on top of my next year.
IF JUNE 16 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY: The Force isn't with you in any area that has to do with work, investments, career or business now so concentrate on having a good time with loved ones during the next several weeks. August could be a perfect time for travel, as your desire to explore new vistas and have adventures is in full flower, but you might choose to begin a new study or educational project. Steer clear of signing business agreements or making financial decisions in September when the universe seems to oppose your best interests. October and November are excellent months for travel, romantic excursions, or for just feeling good about your progress with mental pursuits.
Huh. I'm going to take that first sentence to mean I ought to spend the next few weeks at the beach. Thanks Sydney! I didn't read past that.

The Star has some interesting thought . . .
IF TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY: This year, count on your communication skills. You will enjoy touching base with others more often as well. However, you might long to stretch your mind or grow in new ways. Some of you will travel, others might look at school, and yet, for many, a foreigner or someone quite different could knock on your door. If you are single, you might choose someone who is unusual or artistic. You could meet this person in an odd way. If you are attached, the two of you will become closer if you plan a trip together or take a seminar. Leo always appreciates you.
Now who in my life is a Leo? Hmmmmm . . . Oh, my cousin Andrea. Yes, she always appreciates me. That's all I can think of at the moment, although I'm sure more will come to me.

Oh my God. CafeAstrology.com has the best birthday horoscope ever. The first part describes me to a T.
The Year Ahead
Forecast for June 2010 to June 2011

If You Were Born Today,
June 16:
Your imagination is boundless and you are a true visionary. You possess an endearing youthful quality throughout life, and can be quite persuasive when you want to be. You are given to daydreaming and require frequent periods of rest and solitude in order to renew your spirit. You do thrive on sharing your ideas with others, but you need time alone to refresh. You can be quite ambitious, and at times critical and impatient when feeling restless or unfocused. Famous people born today: Erich Segal, Tupac Shakur, Ian Buchanan, Wally Joyner, Joyce Carol Oates.

Your Birthday Year Forecast: The Sun in harmonious aspect to the Moon in your Solar Return chart is a pleasant aspect, suggesting that your domestic and career needs are not in competition with one another this year. Your inner needs tend to be mirrored by external events, and vice versa. You are likely to be on top of your game this year for the most part, and positive connections with others can be made fairly easily. A comfortable level of personal popularity helps keep conflict to a minimum. With the ability to handle your emotions successfully, there will be less stress on both your mind and body. Your self-confidence and positive attitude will reward you!

You can truly forge ahead and tackle problems with gusto when you focus your energies. With the determination to meet or exceed your goals, your ambition is stimulated and you can move mountains. You might find that you become more goal-oriented this year, as superficial goals no longer satisfy you. You want your objectives to reflect what you're really about, and you are likely to rid yourself of unsatisfying goals this year. You benefit from being more decisive than usual, and your ability to concentrate and focus helps you to achieve what you set out to do. A new project or goal begun this year has a good chance of being successful and long-lasting. Your sexual and physical activities tend to be more intense, passionate, and focused. It's an excellent year in which to make a lifestyle change.

Pleasing circumstances surrounding your love life, finances, and creative pursuits are in store this year. Others are looking on you favorably, particularly friends and lovers (or potential lovers). You are more generous, and others return the favor. You might receive financial backing or special gifts in the period ahead. You seek a little more from your love life and you are likely to receive it. Some of you could fall in love this year, or existing relationships are enhanced. You may lose your fear of taking risks this year on a social level, and happily embrace all that is new, unusual, and out-of-the-ordinary with regards to romantic involvements as well as financial undertakings. You are ready to experiment, and not necessarily ready to commit. This could be a good year for financial undertakings involving electronics, technology, the internet, metaphysics, and the arts, as well as group activities. You have a taste for the offbeat this year, and this energy can bring sudden or unexpected romance into your life. Adventure-seeking is a theme.

Saturn in opposition to Uranus around the time of your birthday suggests some restlessness. Attempts to assert your individuality, freedom, and originality undermine your feelings of groundedness and security. Yet, you are not satisfied when you conform. There may be sudden and unexpected twists that force you to do something different or that help free yourself from old habits. Adjusting your plans is in order, and striking a balance between convention and innovation is the challenge. Setbacks tend to be temporary and often lead to new, more creative paths or solutions. Ambivalence is likely and could color many of your interactions.

Jupiter joined with Uranus is also found in your Solar Return chart, and this suggests the need for progressive change in your life. You might take risks (perhaps, but not necessarily, foolish ones) for the sake of freedom. You are open to new energies, approaches, and attitudes. Fortunate events occur as a direct result of your willingness to entertain the unusual and to think outside of the box. Enthusiasm runs high, the desire for freedom from restrictions is strong, and thirst for adventure is with you.

This is an excellent year for close relationships, romance, and your social life. Your energy and stamina are also increased. You are especially ambitious and driven, and more able to focus on important goals. Positive lifestyle changes can be made in the year ahead.

2010 is a Number Seven year for you. Ruled by Neptune. This is a year of preparation, chance, and refinement. It is not a time of dramatic changes. Instead, it's a year when reflection on the past is helpful, and when refinements to your life path should be made. It's a good year to study and analyze. Unexpected twists to your life story and "chance" meetings are probable. Advice - take stock of your life in order to prepare for more exciting years to come, examine the past and plan for the future, get in touch with your deepest needs and uncover your personal power, don't strain yourself or actively try to expand.

2011 will be a Number Eight year for you. Ruled by Saturn. This is a year of power and accomplishment. Actively seeking to expand, taking educated risks, and moving forward are highlighted. This is a year of opportunity, particularly in the material and business world, and opportunities need to be seized. It's generally not a year to find a new love partner, simply because the focus is on the material world and your place in the world. This is a problem-solving year in which you can expect real, tangible results. Advice - take action, plan ahead, seize opportunities.

3 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable photo I have ever seen. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and I agree, adorable photo. I love so many things about it, but mostly that the balloons are just taped to the wall. I don't know why I find that so hilarious, but with the over use of expensive, custom, helium balloons these days I guess I forgot that our parents simply taped ours to the wall. Thanks for the smiles and enjoy your day.
    Barrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the horoscopes - it's my b-day too !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.