Monday, August 16, 2010

Breaking Boy News: A Review

Over the last few weeks, I've fallen head over heals in love with a new blog, Breaking Boy News. I've fallen so hard, in fact, that it's often the first blog I check in the morning, and usually the last blog I check at night. I even receive tweets from BBN on my cell phone, just in case there should be Breaking Boy News midday.

Written by Cute Boy Chicago, Breaking Boy News shares the adventures of a newly single man learning how to date again in a world of text messages, Facebook, Grindr, and Gay.com. He's discovered that while many of the old rules have been tossed out, good old fashioned romance and sometimes a good old romp in the hay are always in style.

You might think a blog about dating tales written by someone having to relearn all the dating rules might have an air of bitterness to it, but in the case of Breaking Boy News, you'd be completely wrong. Cute Boy Chicago writes with great candor, sharing the good, the bad, the ugly, and everything in between. But above all else, he writes from a place of gratitude. Gratitude for the time he had with each man, the love they shared with him, the lessons he learned, and the knowledge that with each man, he's one step closer to Mr. Right. He not only shares the wonderful highs of falling in love, but all the stumbles along the way and even the lows of a broken heart or unrequited love, as well. His vulnerability is apparent, as is his frustration and confusion sometimes, but never any animosity. He feels sincerely blessed by each man he encounters and the joy they bring into his life, if only for a brief moment. Some of the tales have made me laugh, while others made me cry, but each one has left me feeling hopeful for Cute Boy Chicago.

Cute Boy Chicago tells the tales I wish I had the courage to tell, but don't because I don't write Little Merry Sunshine anonymously and want to protect the guilty innocent. But if I did, I'd give the men in my life names just like Cute Boy Chicago does. Mine would include The Tennis Pro, Gordon Gecko, The Greek God, The Alter Boy, The Naval Officer, The Player, The Rock Star, The Singer-Songwriter, The Chef, The Farm Boy, The Politician, and The Swimmer.

Reading Breaking Boy News has opened my eyes into some of my own relationships and given me a paradigm shift in my thinking about some of them, and I'm certain you'll find some of your own past in Breaking Boy News too. I wish everyone viewed their past dates and relationships with such humor, thoughtfulness, and appreciation. The world would be a better place and the dating world would be easier and more fun. In the meantime, I'll keep reading Breaking Boy News and rooting for him to find the love of his life and I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.