Sunday, August 1, 2010

The World's Greatest Pizza

When I walked out into the garden today, I discovered that the one red Beef Master Tomato was ripe and calling to be eaten.

Looking around at what was in my pantry, I quickly realized I had all the ingredients for the perfect Tomato Basil Pizza. I grabbed the tomato, picked some fresh basil, and in about 15 minutes, I had what can only be described as the best pizza I've ever eaten.

Here's the basil . . .
I may have to learn to make pesto this year with all the Basil I've got.

Here's the beautiful Beef Master Tomato . . .

Sliced in half . . .
The Beef Master Tomato was so juicy, I could have eaten it like an apple, but I decided to only use half tonight and save the other half for a Tomato Sandwich tomorrow.

I used a Boboli individual pizza crust and sauce, along with a little mozzarella cheese. Here's the finished product before cooking . . .

9 minutes later here's the finished product . . .

Doesn't that look spectacular? The best part is that I grew the Tomato and Basil myself without the use of pesticides. I don't mean to brag, but my pizza beat the pants off any of the so-called 25 Best Pizzas in Chicago. I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Yummo! That's the best kind of food, made with the freshest ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - Pesto!

    I used a combination of these two recipes:

    http://www.instructables.com/id/Pesto-2/

    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/fresh_basil_pesto/

    I left out the cheese, and just basically pulsed garlic, basil,
    toasted pine nuts and olive oil. Then, I spooned it into ice cube trays, put the tray in a gallon-sized freezer bag and put it in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.