Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Kiss is Just a Kiss? No Way.

In honor of Valentine's Day, let's talk about kissing.

I don't care what anyone says, a kiss is never just a kiss. A kiss speaks where words fail. Sometimes a kiss says "I love you" and sometimes a kiss says goodbye. Of course, kisses also mean everything in between.

Whatever the specific meaning, I truly believe that kissing is one of the most extraordinary experiences in life and what makes a mind-blowing, stop-me-in-my-tracks, chills-up-my-spine, knees-buckling kiss to me is honesty and trust, not lust. Even as I write this, I can still remember the most significant kisses in my life. I remember how they made me feel and who they were with.

Is there anything better than the perfect kiss? The best part of them is their spontaneity. You can't make the perfect kiss happen. It just does. And you can't usually recreate it because the stars have to align just right and that's impossible to force.

I could tell you about the kisses in my life that rocked me to my core, but that would be tacky, and I'm not a girl who kisses and tells. Instead, let's take a look at my favorite on-screen kisses.

Casablanca - Ilsa tells Rick she still loves him and they kiss. Classic.


Serendipity - Jon and Sara have spent the entire movie finding their way to each other after spending just one afternoon together 5 years earlier.


The West Wing - We waited seven years for this kiss between Josh and Donna. And it was worth the wait.


When Harry Met Sally - My all time favorite movie kiss.


I think Prince sums it all up nicely.

Prince - Kiss


On orders from The Little Mermaid, you gotta just Kiss The Girl.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely subject! And of course, Casablanca is my favorite film so how can I resist watching the clip?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.