Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2012 Election Day Soundtrack

The post below was originally written in on Election Day 2008. The sentiments I felt that day, I still feel today. In fact, if anything, I'm more optimistic about our future now than I was then.

I have no idea what will happen today. I don't know how people will vote. I hope Nate Silver of 538 is right and that President Obama is re-elected. No matter what happens, I hope we can come together as a country and remember that we're all one and we're in this together.

Make sure you vote and listen to some good music.

We Take Care Of Our Own by Bruce Springsteen


I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas


Good Life by One Republic


Simply the Best by Tina Turner


I Feel Good by James Brown


I Can See Clearly Now by Jimmy Cliff


Election Day Soundtrack! 
(originally published 11/4/08)

Yesterday as I was running some errands and stuck in my car for about 45 minutes, I kept switching radio stations (I'm bad with the TV remote too). Every station I landed on had motivating, uplifting, and hopeful music. As I drove around on this beautiful 70+ degree sunny early November day (that NEVER happens in Chicago), I couldn't help but sense the hope in the air. The whole world just feels different.

So as we end our Long National Nightmare, I think we need a soundtrack.

Enjoy!

Yes We Can by Will.I.Am


Beautiful Days by U2


One (Live in Chicago, 2005) by U2


Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls


Big Country


Only In America by Brooks & Dunn


Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours by Stevie Wonder


Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow) by Fleetwood Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.