Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Soundtrack!

Yesterday as I was running some errands and stuck in my car for about 45 minutes, I kept switching radio stations (I'm bad with the TV remote too). Every station I landed on had motivating, uplifting, and hopeful music. As I drove around on this beautiful 70+ degree sunny early November day (that NEVER happens in Chicago), I couldn't help but sense the hope in the air. The whole world just feels different.

So as we end our Long National Nightmare, I think we need a soundtrack.

Enjoy!

Yes We Can by Will.I.Am


Beautiful Days by U2


One (Live in Chicago, 2005) by U2


Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls


Big Country


Only In America by Brooks & Dunn


Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours by Stevie Wonder


Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow) by Fleetwood Mac

3 comments:

  1. At the Obama speech last night at Grant Park, what song was played after Brooks & Dunn's "Only in America"? It was played between "Only in America" and Jackie Wilson's "Higher & higher". It kind of sounded like a Stevie Ray Vaughn rock/blues song. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that when they did Sweet Home Chicago? Now that I've said that, it seems to me that was immediately before Barack's speech. Honestly, I don't remember. I think it's all just hitting me right now that it's all really true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's it, thanks!! I guess you Obama voters aren't so bad after all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.