Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ten Again: Coming of Age in Arlington Heights Book Reading at Prospect Hts. Library


Hey kids! One of our favorite English teachers from Hersey, Mike Bellito, will be at the Prospect Heights Public Library TOMORROW (Thursday, September 10th) reading from his fantastic book Ten Again!

I've told you about this delightful book before (and here and here) and promised a review, which I swear is coming next week (really). So just trust me when I tell you that you don't want to miss this opportunity to hear Mr. Bellito read from my favorite book of the summer (oh, sorry, that might be a review spoiler!). I had the pleasure of attending his reading at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library in May. Listening to him read Ten Again, I was immediately taken back to my creative writing class at Hersey where Mr. Bellito first shared the stories of his childhood - riding bikes to Cock Robin, riding the roller coasters at Riverview, and watching matinees at the original Arlington Theatre.

From the Prospect Heights Public Library website:
Join author and former John Hersey High School Language Arts teacher, Michael Bellito to discuss his fictionalized memoir,"Ten Again", the endearing story of a young man’s coming of age set in Arlington Heights during the 60’s. Michael Bellito taught at Hersey High School for 32 years and currently teaches at Harper Community College. Book sale and signing after the program.

Location: Borland Meeting Room, PHPL, 12 N. Elm St., Prospect Heights
When: Thursday, September 10th at 7pm
Registration: Click here to register.
Call your friends and take your kids. It's a fun (and free) event. Trust me.

Oh, and buy some copies of his book. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.