Friday, April 8, 2011

Who Do Smart Women Marry?

Yesterday a very good friend of mine sent me the following Pickles cartoon. It made me laugh out loud.

In case you don't read Pickles, their website describes the comic...
Married for 50 years, Earl and Opal appreciate know-me-better-than-I-know-myself honesty and good-natured ribbing. Pickles is a laugh-out-loud comic strip gem, showing the funny side of family and friendships.

Earl and Opal share their golden years with their 30-something daughter Sylvia, her husband, Dan and their beloved grandson Nelson. Whether observing the differences between genders and generations or taking a wry but sympathetic look at life in the twilight years, Crane’s good-natured wit and dry humor are sure to please readers of all ages. Pickles has topped comics polls across the nation again and again, and it appears in 500 newspapers around the world.

Crane was born in Twin Falls, Idaho, but grew up in the San Francisco Bay area. He graduated with a degree in art from Brigham Young University in 1973. Soon after Pickles’ debut in 1990, Crane “retired” as an art director for an advertising agency in Reno, Nevada, to devote his full attention to his comic strip. Although he often used cartoon figures in ads he designed, Pickles is his first syndicated comic strip.


Pickles

I think my friend was telling me I'm smart...not a crazy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.