Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Survey

Ok, my cousin Andrea is firmly to blame for this. But it gave me something to write about tonight, when I'm procrastinating writing about a topic that's too raw to put on paper still.

Here's what you're supposed to do and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire survey and paste into the Comments Section. Change all the answers so they apply to you. It's the season to be cheerful!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I far prefer wrapping paper. I love the whole wrapping process and making them fancy with beautiful bows.

2. Tree--Real or Artificial?
I love real trees, but Ross plants his fat ass under the tree the second it goes up and doesn’t move until it comes down. So artificial it is. Plus, I’m lazy and don’t want to clean up fallen needles.

3. When do you put Christmas tree up?
The day after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Epiphany – January 6th. Once the Three Wise Men arrive in Bethlehem, Christmas is over and I can take down the tree.

5. Like eggnog?
Not even with alcohol.

6. Do you have a nativity scene?
3 that I can think of.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? I
I’m STILL waiting on that damn Easy Bake Oven!!!!! Seriously, what does a girl have to do to get an Easy Bake Oven???

The gift I actually received that stands out as my favorite, however, is that every year my mom would get me a new doll. She would look high and low to find just the right one and then she would make clothes for it, so even if one of my girlfriends had the same doll, most of my doll clothes would be one-of-a-kind designer originals. Every year I looked forward to the new doll and was sad when I no longer received a new doll for Christmas. Somehow, Christmas lost its magic for me then.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Dave – now I give him the same thing each year and he loves it. I cook and cook and make extra of everything – soups, stews, breads, sauces, etc. – and freeze it in single serving containers. Then he gets to go “shopping” in the freezer. Whatever fits in his cooler, he gets to take home.

9. Worst Christmas?
The Christmas when I was 12. It was the last Christmas my parents were married and we went to visit my Gardner Grandparents in Florida. The whole Christmas was a miserable disaster and my grandmother was just mean beyond words.

10. Mail or email a Christmas card?
Mail. I HATE emailed Christmas cards.

11. Favorite Christmas movie?
It’s A Wonderful Life. I cry every time I see it. Click on the link and you can watch the entire movie.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I Christmas shop all year.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I plead the fifth.

14. Favorite food to eat on Christmas?
Nana’s Fruitcake.

15. Clear or colored tree lights?
Clear lights on the tree.

16. Favorite Christmas Song?
Oh Holy Night by Celine Dion.



17. Travel during Christmas or Stay home?
This year I’m going to Florida to see Mom, Nana and an old friend. :)

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Pole Dancer, Prancer, and Horn-dog, Vomit, Drunkard, wait, I think I'm forgetting a few. This was actually Andrea’s answer and I liked it so much I kept it.

19. Angel or Star on Tree top?
Star.

20. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. Even though there’s no one to tell me not to and I won’t be here on Christmas, I haven’t even opened the presents my dad sent me this year. I will probably wait until I return from Florida to open them.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Grumpy people!

22. What is your Christmas wish this year?
Well, I did ask Santa for a man.

Have a great Christmas, everyone! Hope all your holiday wishes come true.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
    wrappin

    2. Tree--Real or Artificial?
    Live trees…replant them in your yard…very environmental

    3. When do you put Christmas tree up?
    Whenever we get to it

    4. When do you take the tree down?
    When it gets to dry.

    5. Like eggnog?
    Never

    6. Do you have a nativity scene?
    None

    7. Favorite gift received as a child?
    I got a horse


    8. Easiest person to buy for?
    Sister….gift cards are king

    9. Worst Christmas?
    All have been okay, except when relatives argue all the time.

    10. Mail or email a Christmas card?
    depends on the relationship with the other person

    11. Favorite Christmas movie?
    None

    12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
    Usually a week or so beforehand.

    13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
    Oh yeah, in fact yours

    14. Favorite food to eat on Christmas?
    Spiral Ham

    15. Clear or colored tree lights?
    No lights this year

    16. Favorite Christmas Song?
    Adam Sandlers Hanukkah

    17. Travel during Christmas or Stay home?
    Home

    18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
    Groper, Testy, Disfunctionaly, Touchy, Tourettey, Crooky, and Piggy

    19. Angel or Star on Tree top?
    Star.

    20. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
    Christmas morning for sure

    21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
    In-laws

    22. What is your Christmas wish this year?
    Campaign Cash

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.