Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow Day! Snow Day! Everyone Loves A Snow Day!

In a rare move yesterday, Arlington Heights School District 25 gave all elementary and middle-school kids an unexpected Snow Day. I say rare because, during the 9 years I attended Arlington Heights School District 25, schools were never closed. The only memorable Snow Days came during the famed Blizzard of ’79 when snow piles reached our roof and we sled directly from the roof to the street. Other than that, no Snow Days.

ABC 7 reported live from Arlington Heights yesterday (and just how cute is my friend Sue Burky's daughter, Emma???) and stated that village officials told school district administrators that they could not guarantee the roads would be clear in time for children to get to school. Parents I spoke with yesterday, however, believe the real reason schools were closed had more to do with the schools not being closed last winter when a storm dumped almost a foot of snow overnight and children being stranded for hours at bus stops.

My only question is with all the kids out of school, why couldn't I find anyone looking to earn some extra money and shovel my driveway?

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog....I enjoyed it....great background by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.