Saturday, December 15, 2007

The True Meaning of Christmas

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas Season is how it seems to bring out the best in people. Whether it's holding the door open for someone at the Post Office or dropping gold coins in the Salvation Army Red Kettles, nothing says "Merry Christmas" as much as random acts of kindness, especially anonymous ones.

When I awoke this morning, I discovered about 1 1/2 inches of new snow on the ground. Quite unfortunately, I had bet incorrectly on the 50-50 chance we had of getting snow overnight and did not give myself enough time to shovel, get dressed and to my 9:00am appointment on time. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, I'd just shovel when I got home, but I also had clients all afternoon, here at the house, and would not have time enough to shovel and be presentable between arriving home and their arrival. So off I went to my 9:00 appointment and decided to worry about my unshoveled drive later.

Imagine my surprise when I pulled in the drive a few hours later and discovered it had been shoveled for me! Shoveling is one of my least favorite chores, so I was absolutely elated. So thrilled in fact that I didn't even mind shoveling it late this afternoon after we had another 1 1/2 inches. I even shoveled the sidewalk.

To whomever shoveled my driveway this morning, thank you. I appreciate your kindness more than words can express. Your generosity is the true meaning of Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I sent my public works down there...for you...NOT! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone shoveled my sidewalk and steps over the holiday too... it maed me so happy I almost cried, especially as I have not been feeling well and was dreading doing it. *dance of holiday joy*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.