Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Girlfriends Creed

Tonight my friend Shannon and I exchanged Christmas presents and she found the most perfect gift in the world for me (of course, she has a gift for finding the perfect gift) - a book titled "girlfriends get together: Food, Frolic and Fun Times!" It's filled with party menus for all types of girlfriend get togethers and I absolutely love it.

My favorite part, however, is found just on the inside of the book where authors often place a quote or acknowledgments. It's called The Girlfriends Creed.

The Girlfriends Creed
We will know each other in our lifetimes. We will not be secrets from each other.
We will say what we want to say now and not wait until a passing.
Our friendships are living, tangible realities, in which we rejoice.
May we always come together when we are able.
May we always give our stories freely and have space in which to hear them.
May we always get dressed up - every once in a while in our fashion -
Give our best and widest grin,
And raise our teacups high.
- KC Chapek

The Girlfriends Creed moved me tonight, as I pack for a trip in the morning I've got mixed feelings about. I am reminded that what's important in life is relationships and the bonds we share. And the best relationships are the ones that stand the test of time. The ones where we share not only the good times (those are easy and fun to share), but also the difficult and sorrowful times - the ones that require us to be vulnerable. My life is so rich because of my friends and as I think about all my many blessings, I count each one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.