Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm Blonde . . . In Case You Didn't Know

A couple of weeks ago, my car locks froze and required me to stand outside with my hair dryer in sub-zero temperatures just so I could go grocery shopping. As a result, I have not been locking my car doors at night.

Well, sure enough after that huge snow and freezing rain & sleet storm last week, I went out to my car the next morning and my car doors were frozen shut. All of them. I stood out there with the hair dryer again, but nothing happened. My locks were REALLY frozen. Needless to say, I was unhappy, but luckily for me, Superman Dave has been in town and was planning on coming out to visit me over the weekend. So I put "unfreeze my locks" on his Honey Do list.

Now that you have the background, here's what happened last night when Dave put his super hero skills to the test:

Dave (as he's getting out his tools): Jess, are you SURE they're frozen?

Me (pulling on the car door): Yes, they are FROZEN and won't budge. I held the hair dryer on all 4 doors for almost 30 minutes the other day. They are FROZEN.

Dave: And you're SURE they're not locked?

Me: Nope. Since the locks froze I have not locked the car doors. I'm sure.

Dave (with a crowbar trying to pry open the doors): Man, Jess, I don't know. You're right these doors are stuck. And you're SURE they're not locked?

Me: Nope. I already told you. I didn't lock them.

Dave: Jess, just go get your car keys.

Me: Okay, but I'm telling you, they're not locked.

Me (a few minutes later as the key slid into the lock and unlocked the door, which then easily opened): Dave! Stop laughing at me!!!!!!!

Yep, the doors were locked, not frozen.

After hearing the story last night (and laughing at me for more than 5 minutes), my mom called this morning to remind me to unlock my car doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.