Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm No Longer a Virgin Gardener!

As you will remember, last summer was the first time I played in dirt and experimented with gardening. I grew tomatoes, lavender, irises, primrose and a number of other things. And not to brag, but I was fairly successful. I weeded pretty regularly, did not use nasty pesticides, and did not have pesky critters with the exception of one disgusting tomato bug at the very end of the summer.

This summer, I'm feeling more adventurous and I want to do more food gardening. I have a fairly large area to plant in - two large beds immediately off the patio that get direct sunlight most of the day and a third bed along the back of the house that thanks to a large tree gets mostly shade. In addition to being healthier and fresher than buying veggies from the store, growing my own will help stretch my budget, as I fully expect to start needing to direct deposit my paycheck to Citgo any day now.

Earlier today, Gourmet Goddess posted about the state of the world and mentioned her upcoming gardening projects. This prompted me to ask some gardening questions which prompted her to just do a whole post on gardening.

Newly armed with outstanding gardening advice, I feel confident about my plans for the summer. Of course, that will require that it stop snowing sometime before August.

Thanks for the help Heather! I'll have to have you over for dinner this summer when I have some food from my garden!

3 comments:

  1. If you want help planting and/or greenhouse shopping, let me know that too.... we can have a field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I may just take you up on that! I hope to see you Saturday at Tim & Tony's!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is awesome like that ain't she. Not only does she give you advice, but she also offers to help you out with the shopping. Why, do I have a feeling that i will get sucked into this too?? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.