Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gratitude List - February 8th Edition

It's been a little while since I've stopped and taken stock of all that I'm grateful for in my life. This list isn't meant to be all inclusive. I have far more blessings in my life than I could possibly list here. But hopefully it represents what I'm most grateful for today.

1. I'm grateful to wake up this morning in a house full of my family. My mom and Dave are both in town and I loved waking up to the smell of Dave making coffee and oatmeal (even though he didn't make enough for me) and the sounds of their feet walking around the house. I haven't seen my mom in over a year and it's been almost 6 months since I've seen Dave.

2. I'm grateful for the reminder that Spring is on its way. I know that we'll have more snow. I'm not really in denial about this. But seeing the sun and the ground, even though it's muddy and icky, feels hopeful. Walking outside yesterday without a coat and in thongs (aka flip flops) was liberating.

3. I'm grateful for the manicure and pedicure I received yesterday thanks to the generosity of Gourmet Goddess. Back in November, I posted a list of gifts my readers should feel free to send me for Christmas. Gourmet Goddess happened to have a gift certificate for a mani/pedi she wasn't going to use and she selflessly sent it my way. My pretty toes and soft feet are ever so grateful, GG! (Note: If you didn't send me anything for Christmas and are feeling guilty about it, Valentine's Day is less than a week away and I'm still accepting gifts. Wait, I ALWAYS accept gifts. Just refer back to the list I wrote in November.)

4. I'm grateful that adults are running the country again. I can't say that I agree with 100% of all the decisions President Obama has made in the last 3 weeks, but I can say that I believe that the decisions he's making he's truly making in the best interests of the country, rather than his fat cat oil buddies. Oh, wait, he doesn't have fat cat oil buddies. WAHOO!!!

5. I'm grateful for my friends. We all seem to be going through some changes right now, some minor and some major, but we're all looking out for each other. That's a really good feeling.

6. I'm grateful for the clean sheets on my bed last night. Clean sheets always make me happy. It's a little thing, but significant at the same time.

7. I'm grateful for my business. Sure, I may be working a bit harder right now, but I have 100% control over my future. These days, that's priceless.

8. I'm grateful for the people in my life who believe in me and push me even when I'm not so sure. Most of what I've accomplished in the past year I owe to their beliefs and encouragement.

Certainly that's not all I'm grateful for. But it's a start for today.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.