Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Night Sky h/t AMERICAblog


Thanks to the good folks over at AMERICAblog, I enjoyed a great astronomy lesson last night!

The Night Sky will teach you how to find 3 constellations, 2 stars, and 1 planet PLUS you will learn how to navigate north, just like the slaves did to escapes slavery. Now, I'll admit, I did know a little of this. I can find Casiopia (aka the Watervale W - oh, maybe it's just me that calls it that) and the Big Dipper any time, but I never knew how to find the Northern Star and did not know how to find the planets.

Be patient, it takes a little while to work through The Night Sky, but it's worth it.

The best part? It's elementary enough that your kids will understand it and can be a fun family activity.

And, for Heaven's sake, go practice your new skill!

I also highly recommend a trip to the Adler Planetarium. It's one of my favorite places in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.