Thursday, December 3, 2009

The First Holiday Card of the Season Has Arrived!

Imagine the delight I felt just moments ago when I went to my mailbox and discovered that rather than the normal variety of junk mail and bills, today I received my first Christmas card!

It's a beautiful card. A stunning 3-D picture of Santa in his sleigh (not wearing his seatbelt though), sliding over a glittery snow covered hill with snow falling from the blue sky in a matching envelope. You really should see it, but you can't because I don't have a scanner. Sorry.

Did you send this cheery note to me? No. No, you did not. I'm sure your card will arrive tomorrow though.

Award-winning celebrity blogger Dr. Monkey von Monkerstein sent it. That right, Dr. Monkey of Monkey Muck fame.

You haven't heard of his brilliant, witty, liberal blog? Well, where have you been?

Dr. Monkey is one of the smartest, say-it-like-it-is, most original and funniest people I know. I'm not sure what goes on in his brain that makes him think of the stuff he does, but he is one hysterical monkey. And I love him.

Take some time now and go read his blog. Trust me, you'll love it. And then add it to your favorites. Really, he's a blog God.

Why did Dr. Monkey send me such a joyful Christmas card? Because in spite of his fame and celebrity status, we're friends and that's just how he rolls.

Thank you Dr. Monkey! Friends like you make the holidays special!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.