Monday, January 18, 2010

He Had A Dream

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream and gave his life for it. Whenever I think of him and this speech, I wonder if I'm living up to my own potential to make a difference in the lives of others. One of my fundamental beliefs, as I've mentioned many times, is that we all have an obligation to leave the world better than we found it. What are you doing?

Listening to this speech also reminds me that for as far as we've come in the last 47 years, and certainly by electing Barack Obama as President, we have proof of that progress, we still have a long way to go, as evidenced by some of the blatantly racist statements at the Tea Party Protests and the entire Birther Movement.

Watch the speech, be inspired, and go make the world better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.