Thursday, April 29, 2010

Things I Wish I'd Said

Something happened a few days ago and I didn't quite handle it the way I wish I would have. It wasn't a big deal, but later, there were a few things I wish I'd said. Frankly, I don't have regrets in life, for the most part, but there are times I wish I'd really said what I was feeling rather than biting my tongue because I was afraid to speak my mind and heart.

In no particular order, the list below represents most of what I wish I'd said at various points in my life, but now it's too late. The moment has passed or it no longer matters or I'm still not brave enough to say them to the people I should have said them to. If you think one or more of these are things I started to say to you at some point, you may be right, but you may also be wrong. If you ask me directly, I'll tell you . . . probably.
  • Yes.
  • No.
  • I'm sorry.
  • I'm proud of you.
  • I need a break.
  • I miss you.
  • I forgive you.
  • You broke my heart.
  • I wish you hadn't lied to me.
  • Stop.
  • We can work it out.
  • Let's fix this.
  • I'll figure it out.
  • Please help me.
  • I'm going to stay in DC.
  • I have to take care of me.
  • I think you made the wrong decision.
  • I made a mistake.
  • Don't go.
  • It really will be okay.
  • No, it's not okay.
  • I'm leaving.
  • Thank you.
  • I'm scared.
  • You can't talk to me that way.
  • Please leave.
  • I'm not strong enough to do this alone.
  • Stay.
  • Pick me.
  • What can I do?
  • How can I fix this?
  • Actually, it was you. Not me.
  • Sorry, I'm out of your league.
  • Our friendship is worth more to me than a guy.
  • I can't even remember why we fought.
  • You were right and I was wrong.
  • You are a Mean Girl.
  • I deserve better.
  • No, you don't speak for me.
  • I shouldn't have walked away.
  • No, I'm not sorry.
  • That's offensive.
And finally, the last thing I should have said, but didn't . . . . I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with saying "I love you" when you have the chance. You never know when you won't be able to tell someone those three important words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, absolutely! But sometimes, they are the scariest words in the English language. They require stepping out on a very high limb without a visible net.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.