Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Been One of THOSE Days

If you read Little Merry Sunshine regularly, and you should, you'll remember what an incredible day I had yesterday - standing on the ledge of the Sears Tower, meeting Ben Bradley, and then dinner at Coco Pazzo after my work conference.

I don't say that to brag, it's simply a fact. On a scale of 1 to 10, yesterday was a 12.

And then today began.

After kind of a fitful night of sleep that resulted in a migraine this morning, I woke up about 6am to discover this tweet from Ben Bradley. Seriously, how incredibly gracious is he?!

Honestly, how in the world could my day improve after that tweet? I was certain that today had peaked at 5:15, before I was even awake. Because of the migraine, I decided to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

I got to work about 9:10, still on Cloud 9 from yesterday's awesomeness and the early morning tweet, and a number of my coworkers wanted to hear all about it, so I got to relive it all again.

Fast forward to 2:30 when I took a call resulted in the achievement of a 4 1/2 year dream and goal (New Experience #???). I can't tell you what it is just yet, but all will be revealed on Sunday, November 17th, so mark your calendars now.

I've shared the big news with a select group of friends, so if you know, please don't spill the beans. I'm trusting you. And please don't guess in the comments or on Facebook. Just trust me, this is big.

Finally, tonight, I achieved another goal when I became a Deputy Voter Registrar (New Experience #131). So if you or anyone you know wishes to get registered to vote, you live in Illinois, and you're a U.S. Citizen, let's talk.

This is the Deputy Voter Registrar Oath I took and signed tonight.

That means today, I had two more New Experiences and I've now got just 27 to go to meet my new goal date of December 31st. And on a scale of 1 to 10, today was a 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.