Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chris Brown OUT of the Kids' Choice Awards!

I wish I could tell you that Nickelodeon did the right thing and booted him out. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Much to my surprise, Chris Brown withdrew from the Kids' Choice Awards nominations himself. I have to say, I'm impressed with this move, although not his statement. I'm certain though that my scathing post yesterday helped Chris see the light.

According to the statement released from Chris Brown's rep on TMZ.com,
"Chris very much appreciates the support of his fans and the honor they have paid him in the way of nominations for Favorite Male Singer and Favorite Song.

Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding the incident last month has shifted the focus from the music to whether he should be allowed to be among those nominated.

While Chris would like to speak to his fans directly about this and other issues, pending legal proceedings preclude his doing so at this time. Once the matter before him has been resolved, he intends to do so."
I don't like the statement because what I want him to say is "I appreciate the support of my fans and honor they have paid me in the way of nominations for Favorite Male Singer and Favorite Song. Unfortunately, as a role model to my fans, I have failed them and cannot accept their nominations. It is never acceptable to hit a woman and I have no excuse. There is nothing she did or could ever do to deserve the beating I gave her. No one should ever resort to violence for any reason. There are simply no excuses and I hope that my fans will learn from my mistakes."

What's worse is the statement from Nickelodeon to TMZ: "We are confirming that Chris Brown has decided to withdraw his nominations from the Kids' Choice Awards. We agree with and respect his decision, and are looking forward to presenting a great event for our audience." (emphasis mine).

Okay, if Nickelodeon agreed with Chris Brown's decision, why didn't they take a stand and boot him off the list of nominations? Do any adults work at Nickelodeon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.