Monday, March 2, 2009

What I Know For Sure

Earlier today I wrote about how I am feeling overwhelmed. In the process of writing that post, I flipped over and read Kittens Farting Rainbows, a new favorite blog, and couldn't believe my eyes as Bergsie put many of my exact feelings into words. But she ended her post in a postive way, which I couldn't figure out how to accomplish. She ended with the things she knows. And I thought that might be the perfect cure for what ails me today.

Without further ado and in no particular order, here is partial list of the what I know for sure.

I know that Betsey and Ross are always eager to snuggle with me when I'm feeling down. They're not fair weather cats.

I know for certain that true love is out there. I haven't found it yet, but it's there somewhere. I just have to keep looking and being hopeful.

I can always count on my friends' Tweets to make me giggle.

I know that my purpose is greater than just being someone's daughter or sister or caregiver.

I know that there's some music that makes me dance and lifts me up and there's some music that makes me sad and cry. I have to stay away from the latter.

I know that I have the capacity to be a great mom. Whether that's in the cards for me or not, I'm not so sure. If it's not, I have to find a way to channel those energies.

I know that hard wood floors beat carpet any day.

I know my failings only too well and work everyday to overcome them.

Sometimes I stumble, but the only way I can recover is to get back up and dust off my knees. There's simply no other choice.

I know that when God closes a door, he always opens another one. My job is to find that door because sometimes it's hidden.

I know that most of what happens, the good and the bad, is what I choose, whether consciously or not. I am in control of my life and I can change what I don't like.

I know that every situation presents me with opportunities to learn and grow and be better.

I know that I'll keep being presented with the same lessons over and over again until I learn them.

I know that second chances don't come around very often and when they do, I have to explore them. I don't often get to find out the answer to the question "What if . . . ", but every time I've gotten to find out, it's been well worth it.

I know that the Cubs are bound to win the World Series . . . one of these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.