Monday, July 12, 2010

Nana Sent Me A Stargazer Lily*


Among the many beautiful plants in my garden, I have two Stargazer Lillies. I'm not really sure where they came from, although I seem to recall there were more in previous years. Now there's just two.

And I've been waiting patiently for them to bloom all summer. I had almost given up on them blooming at all. Until this morning. When I walked out this morning, I discovered one of the orchids in full bloom. I had no reason to believe this Stargazer Lily was going to bloom last night, but there it was this morning in all its glory.

I have to admit that my eyes welled up with just a few tears (which I didn't actually cry, I just became a little misty) and knew Nana had sent me this gorgeous gift of nature to keep me focused on all that I'm grateful for today rather than get stuck in thinking about how much I miss her.

Thank you Nana. Even now you put many smiles on my face.

*Thanks to my friend Christy for informing me that my beautiful flower isn't an orchid, but a Stargazer Lily. Even better.

UPDATED 7/16/2010: On Wednesday, I woke up to TWO beautiful Stargazer Lillies. I'm so in love with both of them and am convinced Nana sent them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.