Wednesday, July 14, 2010

NSFW: "It's 3G. And Has The WiFi's . . ."

On Saturday night, I had a small dinner party with two of my dearest friends and a new friend, who is very quickly becoming one of our little group. Somehow the party turned into a battle of the coolest smart phones - one had an iPhone 2G, another had the Droid X, and the third friend had the new HTC Evo by Sprint.

I was immediately disqualified because although I really like my phone and it's sort of smart, it's no where near as cool or as smart as theirs. Seriously, watching these guys compare their phones waslike watching them brag about their virility. I don't remember the last time I saw so much testosterone.

Before the other two arrived, the owner of the HTC Evo by Sprint shared the video below with me because I am also on the Sprint network and he knows I've been thinking about whether to get the Evo or the iPhone when my contract runs out in December. Let me be honest, it was all I could do not to spit wine out my nose and wet my pants. Luckily, I do my Kegels.

In the course of the phone comparisons, the video was shown again and even now, I still laugh hysterically when I think about it. I sent it to another friend overnight and he sent me a text this morning saying "that was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile." I dare you not to laugh out loud.

WARNING: Do not watch this at work or around children or others with sensitivity to 4-letter words.



It turns out the backstory is just as entertaining. Even though you wouldn't know it, the video was created by an employee of Best Buy. Although it doesn't mention Best Buy, Best Buy tried to get their employee to remove the video. He refused because he doesn't mention his employer, but they suspended him and tried to fire him. In the end, they let him keep his job (interestingly, it was after the media got involved and their name was plastered everywhere), but he's got other job offers, including one from Gizmodo.

NOTE: If you read LMS via email and the videos don't come through, take a minute to visit the blog and watch the video. It may just be the funniest part of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.