Monday, July 26, 2010

My Bucket List

Do you have a Bucket List? You know, a list of things you want to do before you die? I've always sort of had one, but never written mine down. But then I got to thinking that if I didn't have it written down anywhere, I might not actually ever do the things I dream of doing.

Without further ado and in no particular order, here's my Bucket List.

1. Write a novel and have it published.
2. Travel to 6 of the 7 continents (I have no need to visit Antarctica).
3. Kiss the man I love at the top of the Eiffel Tower (sure, it's cliche, but so what).
4. Marry the man of my dreams (and never get divorced).
5. Be a mom (being a step-mom or adopting kid(s) would be perfect).
6. Visit New York City. (I've actually been there twice for 2 1-day business trips, but I want to really SEE New York City - Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, tour the United Nations, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, see a Broadway show, etc.)
7. See a baseball game at every major league stadium (I've been to two - Wrigley Field and Oriole Park at Camden Yards, well, three if you count the Old Comiskey Park).
8. Attend the Cubs World Series Championship Victory Parade.
9. Have my gardens featured in a Garden Walk.
10. Create a scholarship at my alma mater.
11. Visit the Great Wall of China, the Egyptian Pyramids, and Stonehenge.
12. Read the Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
13. Tour the Sistine Chapel and attend mass at the Vatican.
14. Take the ferry to Muskegon or Ludington (rather than drive all the way to Watervale).

15. Cook every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
16. Attend a Democratic National Committee convention as a delegate.
17. Be an extra in a movie.
18. Run for public office.
19. Drive from Chicago to LA on Route 66.
20. Learn to snow ski.
21. Run and complete a half-marathon.
22. Lose 100 pounds by my 40th birthday. I've got 10 1/2 months.
23. Visit the Grand Canyon and Mt. Rushmore.
24. Sky dive.
25. Learn to scuba dive and dive the Great Barrier Reef.
26. Learn how to shoot a gun.
27. Ride a motorcycle.
28. Have my picture taken with a sitting President.
29. Have front row seats for a U2 concert.
30. Saber a bottle of champagne.

31. Ride a camel.
32. Sing karaoke (I even have a song picked out).
33. Learn to play tennis.
34. Cruise the Greek Islands.

There are quite a few additional To Do's on my Bucket List, but seeing as how Little Merry Sunshine is a family blog (well, at least my family reads it), I must keep those items private. :)

What's on your Bucket List?

1 comment:

  1. Great List! I would love to do #3. I have done #32, but it wasn't pretty, they actually turned my microphone down!
    Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.