Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bad News for Blago and Illinois

In spite of my obviously compelling plea and the Tribune's Eric Zorn hopping on my bandwagon in his column today, U.S. District Judge James Zagel today refused to allow former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to participate in the upcoming NBC reality show "I'm A Celebrity . . . Get me Out of Here!"

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. As both Eric Zorn and I argued, participating in this show would allow Governor Blagojevich not only an opportunity to earn money to pay for his defense (saving the State of Illinois money) and there's a chance (albeit a small one) that Governor Blagojevich might not return (saving the State of Illinois even more money).

Oh, well, I can't have everything I want in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.