Monday, April 27, 2009

Pig Candy: A Party in my Mouth

I've been gone for a few days and I owe you an apology or at least some great gifts. Let's try for both. First, I sincerely apologize for leaving you in the lurch since Thursday night with no warning. All I can say is that I've been a little in over my head. I won't let it happen again. Second, I've got a great gift for you and I think you'll be very pleased.

I have two words for you: Pig Candy.

Pig Candy is basically bacon and sugar, although some foodies insist on ginger and cayenne pepper too.

Pig Candy - from The Sweet Potato Queens' Big-Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner
  • Bacon (several strips)
  • Brown Sugar (enough to coat bacon strips)
1. Coat uncooked bacon in some dark brown sugar.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

For two amazing descriptions and step-by-step instructions and pictures that will create a party in your mouth, click here and here.

5 comments:

  1. Possibly almost as good as chocolate-covered potato chips ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine recently made bacon infused bourbon. Naturally, I sent him this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta-da! You're a click away from a bacon flavred Old Fashioned.

    http://www.thestar.com/Food/Recipes/article/616968

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.