Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ready! Set! VOTE!!!

"Think government isn't about you? How many of you have student loans to pay? How many of you have credit card debt? How many want clean air and clean water and civil liberties? How many want jobs? How many want kids? How many want their kids to go to good schools and walk on safe streets? Decisions are made by those who show up. You've gotta rock the vote!"

- CJ Cregg, The West Wing, "You Gotta Rock the Vote," Season 4, Episode 3 (emphasis mine)

Today is the day! The one we've all been waiting for! I don't think I have to tell you that if you live in a Super Tuesday state, you gotta vote!

And just as a reminder, snow storms, rain storms, or other Acts of God do not get you out of voting. It's that important.

Don't remember who to vote for? Click here or here.

Finally, wear your "I Voted" sticker with pride.

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad about your schools being closed during voting. Where I voted, they did have access to the school limited and had watchful adults, so that was a good thing. Becauses it is true - you can't know who is going to show up to vote and it is important to keep the kids safe.

    When I was growing up, I always went to the village hall with my mom. It always seemed like such a BIG EVENT(tm). We were such a small town that we still used paper ballots, and I remember feeling very special that I got to put the ballot in the locked box. It was mysterious and exciting. The first time I was eligible to vote as an adult, I did so in the pouring rain. There was no power, and we sat around at night listening to the returns on a battery powered radio by candlelight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT NEWS! The schools were open today! They weren't last spring when we voted for village stuff and they weren't previously, but today they were! I'm so happy about this!

    What a great story about voting with you mom, GG! And I LOVE that you listened to the returns via a battery powered radio.

    To this day, if I'm not at an election party with a candidate I've worked for, then I'm glued to my TV with a map of the USA and I color the states red/blue! And I'm 36.

    I love voting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.