Saturday, February 23, 2008

Can You Feel It?

Spring is in the air!

I was out running errands today and was blinded by the bright blue sky and sun. The air is crisp and fresh smelling. I heard water running through my gutter downspouts. I ran my errands with the car windows rolled down (and the heat off). Snow is melting. Ice patches have turned into puddles.

For the first time in months, I did not wear a coat. Now before you send me scathing emails reminding me that I should always wear a coat, I did have 2 wool sweaters on - one was a long sleeved turtleneck and the other was a heavy, coat-like sweater that came to my knees. But no gloves or hat.

Everyone I encountered was friendly and upbeat. Hope floats freely on the belief that this long hard winter is winding down. Happiness abounds. I would almost call it giddiness.

And for those of you counting, the Cubs first Spring Training game is 4 days away (that's Thursday at San Francisco; Friday again versus San Francsico, but this time at HoHoKam Park in Mesa, Arizona). AND Opening Day at Wrigley is just 38 days away against Milwaukee.

Yep, Spring is definitely in the air. And that means Summer is not too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.