Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love. Mostly this is defined as romantic love, but I think it's more expansive than that. I believe ALL love should be celebrated today. Love between lovers, for certain. But also love between friends, family and love for ourselves. And even strangers on the street. Every relationship needs to be nurtured, not just the romantic ones.

So whether you've got a traditional Valentine today or not, celebrate love. Do random acts of kindness. Be a little more patient. Smile at a stranger. Call your best friends and tell them how much your life is enriched because of them. Call your mom and tell her you love her (heck, if she didn't have a Valentine at some point, you wouldn't be here).

And then don't forget to nurture yourself. Take a bubble bath. Do your nails. Write down 20 things that you love about yourself (Even if this sounds daunting, just start to write. Don't think too hard. Once you get started, you'll find this isn't so hard.).

To my friends and family, I love you. You each bring something wonderful and amazing to my life. You love me in spite of my flaws and quirks. You keep me laughing. You are my rock. Thank you. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.