Monday, May 26, 2008

High Thread Count Sheets

For Christmas, per my request, my dad got me some new sheets for my new bed. Normally I don't ask for things like bedding, but I'd gotten a new bed and I only had 2 sets of sheets - 1 flannel (the winter set) and a set of white sheets that are fine, albeit boring. I wasn't specific about what I wanted, except to say "not flannel." I wanted something for the spring, summer, and fall.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my Christmas present and discovered Egyptian Cotton high thread count sheets in my favorite color - yellow! My dad scored on that gift! Now, they weren't Oprah 600-thread count sheets, but considering I always buy whatever's cheap, I felt like I was going to be sleeping in the lap of luxury.

Unfortunately, because it was winter, I wouldn't switch my sheets. In fact, I only ditched the flannel sheets two days ago. Yes, that's right. Saturday morning of Memorial Day Weekend, I finally took the flannel sheets off my bed for the final time. As I unfolded the luxurious Egyptian Cotton high-thread count sheets, I could feel the softness difference between my old sheets and I knew that getting into bed that night would be an event.

Well, my delayed gratification has paid off. I've slept better and with more vivid dreams in the last two nights than I have in a long time. I love these sheets. Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.