Sunday, May 4, 2008

I Love Mowing the Lawn!

I know what you're thinking . . . "Ya, RIGHT, Jessica . . . I KNOW you and you HATE mowing the lawn. You get dirty and sweaty and there are sometimes bugs, which you can't stand." Well, in the past, you'd be right. And maybe later this summer when it's HOT and HUMID 24/7, I won't be so excited to mow the lawn. But today, I LOVED mowing the lawn.

Seriously.

I've been looking forward to getting outside and working in my yard. The last time Dave was in town, he made sure my mower was in tip-top shape and ready for our summer together.

A freshly mowed lawn smells good and looks great. If I do say so myself, I now have one of the best looking lawns on my street. Of course, I can only say that because less than half of my neighbors have mowed their lawns for the first time this Spring. My lawn looks great! It's full and lush with minimal weeds.

And it felt wonderful to be outside with my sunglasses on and iPod turned up loudly enough to almost drown out the sound of the lawnmower. The best part may have been my tacky-ass yard work outfit. It pisses off the prim and proper GOPers, which is why it's so great. You know, this being Arlington Heights, certain things are expected - like matching when doing yard work. I don't exactly subscribe to that philosophy. I just put my hair up, put on my grubbiest clothes (matching and clean is not a requirement here), cover my body in sunscreen and minus the daily make-up and I'm good to go. Hey, I mowed in straight lines today. What do they really expect?

Plus, I know Dave is going to be happy when he arrives tomorrow and sees that I mowed the lawn. And really, that's what it's all about. Making Dave proud.

Next up: Weeding the garden.

1 comment:

  1. I also mowed the lawn. I was very proud of myself, because I had to do some small engine mechanics to get it working.

    of course, I only mowed the front lawn. I haven't even raked and/or done branch clean up no the back yet. More focused on garden space, right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.