Friday, May 30, 2008

Sex and The City - The Movie

I just got home from the 12:05 AM showing of Sex and The City with my girlfriend Cheryl. We've been friends 20 years, so it was perfect seeing this with her.

Over the last few weeks, I've read and heard some press about how SATC is anti-feminist, just a movie about shoes and clothes and cosmos and blah blah blah. Are there fabulous shoes and unbelievable clothes? Of course! Is Sex and The City a bit fairytale-ish? Absolutely! But so what?

It's also so much more. Now I'm not going to give away any plot twists here, so if that's what you're looking for too bad. What I will say is that Sex and The City is about friendship, love, loss, and forgiveness.

For me, the most important part of Sex and The City is the 4 women - Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha - and their forever friendship. The common denominator throughout the entire Sex and The City HBO series and movie is their relationship with each other - its ups and downs - and how now matter what else happens, they always have each other's backs, even when they're mad at each other. The friendship never ends. It's all about forgiveness, even when they're not sure they can love each other any more - in both life and the movie.

I laughed and my eyes welled up with tears at a few points during the movie as I thought about my own girlfriends and how much their friendships mean to me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Tim, you're one of my best girlfriends! I can't remember my life without you in it. You honestly make each day brighter and more fun. You make me look at things in ways I've never even thought of before. I always know that whatever you suggest, no matter how crazy it sounds initially, is going to be the most fun I've ever had and I've simply learned that when you ask me to be involved with something it's better to just say yes without hesitation. I simply adore you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.