That incouragable Dr. Monkey tagged me tonight just as I was going to bed. Since I'm not really tired anyway, I guess I'll get this over with so I can write about what I want to write about later today . . .
Here's the rules:
A) The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
B) Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
C) At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1) Ten years ago I was: I was working for Hogan & Hartson in Washington DC and had just relocated to Baltimore for a month or so for my last trial as a litigation legal assistant. I can't tell you the client or the case name, but we defended a Fortune 100 company in a multi-million dollar case that we'd worked on non-stop for about 2 years. We we won. Of course, the attorneys I worked for never lost. Good ole American Way . . . Fortune 100 company squashes the little guy and destroys his dreams.
2) Five things on today's to do list: Since yesterday was almost a total loss thanks to a crazy migraine, I gotta get busy today . . . 1. See a couple of clients. 2. Grocery shop. (done!) 3. Pick up my car from the mechanic. 4. Exercise. 5. Write my previously planned blog post.
3) Things I do if I were a billionaire: Give $1million to each of my close friends and family. That should leave me about $990 million left to play with. Give $500 million to various charities including $50 million to Lake Forest College. (Special note to Tim: This is a fantasy here. I don't really have $50million to give to LFC now). Build an entirely eco-friendly house and vacation home. Travel. Buy season tickets to the Cubs (it takes about $1 million for that, right?).
4) Three bad habits: 1. Diet Coke. 2. Too impatient. 3. Driving too fast.
5) Five places I've lived: Washington DC, Alexandria VA, Arlington Heights IL, Ft. Myers FL, Lake Forest IL.
6) Five jobs I've had in my life: litigation legal assistant, salad wench, political fundraiser, Mary Kay Consultant, legal assistant manager
Okay, that wasn't so bad was it? Now I tag the following people: Gourmet Goddess, Balancing Boyfriends, Anthony's Chicken Tracks, and Boxer Rebellion. I know that's only 4, but I've never been one to follow ALL the rules.
If any of you folks don't do tags, then that's fine, no harm no foul, I'll still love you and read you anyway. Maybe.