Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Do You Get Snow in the Winter?

If you live in an area where you get snow in the winter, I have a favor to ask of you.

I would appreciate it if when you shovel or use your snow blower on your driveway and sidewalk, you could toss the snow onto your grass and not out into the street.

This may sound stupid and petty, but the thing is that when you shovel or blow your snow into the street, it can freeze and turn into black ice. Of course, I know that you know how dangerous black ice is and I'm certain you would never want anyone to get hurt when innocently driving past your home or turning into their driveway when the snow you blew into the street has frozen in front of their driveway.

In many communities it is actually against village code to shovel or blow snow into the street. But even if it's not, it's just not neighborly. In fact, it's downright mean.

So let's all join together this winter and pledge to shovel or blow the snow from our driveways and sidewalks onto the grass and not out into the street. Okay?

In fact, you can consider this act your Christmas gift to me. Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Sweet! Now I don't have to buy you anything. I could not love you any more than I do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just knowing that I've got some Monkey Love will surely keep me warm all winter long!

    Don't worry, I won't tell Sparky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jessica,
    Thank you very much for making it so easy for me to give you a Christmas present this year. Therefore, I hereby promise NOT to shovel any snow into the street this year. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    LOVE,
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT! Now my MOM thinks she can get off the hook for Christmas by promising not to toss snow into the street. Of course, she's in Florida so lotta good that does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heh.. I have a mani/pedi for you.... drop me an email and let me know where to send the certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gourmet Goddess!

    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    I just sent you an email.

    LMS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.