Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where Will You Be?

Where will you be tonight when Barack Obama officially accepts the Democratic Party's nomination as their candidate for President of the United States and history is made?

I think tonight will be one of those times where in 25 or 30 years you'll tell your grandkids "I remember where I was when Barack Obama became the first African-American to accept the nomination for President by a major party." Kind of like my parents remember where they were when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon.

I'll be at the Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel with the 10th Congressional District Democrats and 400 or so of my closest friends.

19 months ago, I watched Barack announce he was running for President and I was inspired. At the time, I hoped he would be the nominee, but I didn't fully believe it was possible. There was an incredible pool of talented Democratic leaders who were also running. But tonight, those hopes and dreams are a reality.

68 more days and we can really celebrate. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.