Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chivalry Is Dead


Mom, our friend Chris, and I went out for seafood after church today. I drove us all to Tarpon Springs in my 2009 Pontiac G-6 rental car.

As we walked out of the restaurant, Mom asked if I could open the doors with the keyless remote, but the car didn't come with that wonderful feature. So I walked over to the passenger door to unlock it and let her in only to discover that there was no keyhole. I checked both back doors and neither of them had keyholes either. Finally, I opened my door and hit the button on the inside of the door to open the other doors. Mom and Chris let themselves into the car.

Driving back to Crystal Beach, Mom and Chris were commenting on how surprising it was that the only way into the car was through the driver's door. I listened to them for a moment and then piped in saying, "Well, I guess this car was designed by a man who'd had it up to here with opening the car door for women. Chivalry is obviously dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.