Monday, August 3, 2009

Gratitude List

One thing that's helped me feel better over the last few days is focusing on all I have to be grateful for. I thought I'd share that list tonight, as I do periodically.

Today I'm grateful . . .
  • that I had 38 wonderful years with Nana and that up until the last two years, she was in fairly good health. She had her problems and was never quite the same after her stroke in 2002, but she was feisty, fun, optimistic, loving, generous, and the kindest woman I've ever known.
  • that I have a business with flexibility so I can take the time I need to mourn and be with my family.
  • for music that makes me want to sing and dance. Of course, I'm also grateful that I can sing and dance.
  • for friends who give me space, but don't let me fall too far. It's a delicate balance, but my friends seem to have mastered it.
  • for the generosity that has poured out of friends, family and strangers these last few weeks. I received the list of donors in Nana's honor to Crystal Beach Community Church today and am blown away by the generosity of those who have donated. I am overwhelmed with gratitude on this one.
  • that I took the advice to get into grief counseling. It took me awhile to find what was right for me, but just setting up the appointment has made all the difference.
  • that I am able to spend more time with my mom this month and we've got some really fun stuff planned.
  • for Betsey and Ross. Never ever underestimate the healing power of pets.
  • that I feel like myself today.
  • for the friendships I've renewed through Facebook. Que "It's A Small World Afterall" here.
  • that the Cubs won tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.